5 Direct Mail Marketing Mistakes To Avoid
Direct mail is a very powerful medium for marketing your business. Many are missing out by focusing on Social Media. Direct Mail is not dead, but it’s easy to sabotage your efforts. Here are 5 mistates to avoid:
1. Not Identifying Your Audience. Mail gives you the ablitity to target specific individauls, so take advantage of that strength and decide which segments will most likely respond.
2. Leasing A Bad Mailing List. Sending mailers to people who don’t match your intended criteria is wasteful and could prove embarrassing, too. Use a marketing service that can help you find up-to-date lists that are tailed to meet your needs.
3. Relying On Unclean Data. Many businesses have in-house lists that are outdated. Have the list scrubbed to ensure you’re not mailing pieces to inaccurate addresses, the deceased, people who have asked to be taken off your list and targets who have moved or changed jobs.
4. Not Presenting A Compelling Offer. You’re sending a piece to motivate people to act, but your mail will do just the opposite if an offer is absent or lackluster. Tweak your offer – and the benefits of your product or service – to appeal to different segments.
5. Being Impersonal. Personalizing your message can make targets feel like you value them individually and understand their needs and interests. Greeting them by name is one way, offering a personalized URL (PURL) is another.